Take charge now and slash your electricity bill with a solar net metering energy system
Canada Greener Homes Grant Program
The federal government recently launched the Canada Greener Homes rebate program. Homeowners are eligible for up to $5000 in incentives for installing a solar net metering system on your property. It’s as good a time as ever to take advantage of this generous subsidy and take charge of your energy needs. Information about the program can be found on the NRCAN website. Delta Energy does not provide the audits required for eligibility. Steps can be found on the link above for getting the ball rolling.
Got Sun? Go Solar…
We get contacted all the time by homeowners, farmers and business owners with varying motivations for going solar. Some people want to do it for environmental reasons, some want to be independent from the grid and others have economic interests and most people want all of the above. This is one solution that truly ticks all of these boxes and the reasons for NOT converting to electrifying your property are diminishing with every passing day. The answer is simple: if you’ve got sun, go solar.
Is your property suitable for a solar system?
There are a few key pieces of information we need to determine if your property has good potential for shifting to solar:
- Does your roof or land have good southern and unshaded exposure to the sun?
- If you want a rooftop system, is your roof in good shape and won’t be needing to be redone in the next 10 years or more?
- What is your annual hydro consumption in kilowatt hours?
- Do you have inefficient appliances and lighting that can easily be upgraded and retrofitted? Energy efficient equipment and controls can greatly reduce your consumption and you may not need as large a solar system. Looking around your property for items that are wasting power and fixing these issues first are far more cost effective than adding additional solar panels to supply power to these wasteful loads.
- Are you planning on adding equipment to your home that may increase your energy consumption? Example: electric car, hot tub, pool, etc.
Having this information handy is the starting point for the conversation with us to assess the viability of your solar project.
Solar Energy can help eliminate your hydro bill
to lower your consumption then designing the must suitable system to meet your needs.
Solar Energy & Net Metering
Net Metering uses Solar Energy
Electricity consumers in Ontario who produce some of their own power from a renewable resource can take advantage of the “net metering” initiative. Net metering allows you to send excess electricity you generate from renewable resources to the distribution system. This will appear as a credit toward your energy costs. In essence, it’s a “trade” of electricity you supply against electricity you consume.
How does Net Metering Work with Solar Energy
Eligibility criteria include, but are not limited to:
- You must generate electricity primarily for your own use; and
- The electricity must be generated solely from a renewable resource (wind, water, solar energy or biomass).
WE WORK FOR YOU
If you would like to speak with someone directly
Call Us Toll Free